Having A Diverse, Highly Engaged Organization Is Critical To Achieving Our Success. Lincoln Electric fosters a workplace that engages employees – helping to ensure that they are aligned with our core values, can actively contribute to the success of the organization, and can be confident in their future with the Company.
To promote active engagement and an inclusive environment we support:
- Open door policy up to the Chairman’s office to ensure transparency and collaboration.
- Global employee survey and topic/regional-specific surveys to provide valuable insights that shape future initiatives.
- Competitive, performance-based compensation and benefit programs, including our unique incentive management system that rewards engagement and excellence through profit sharing bonuses, as well as competitive medical benefits, an employee assistance program, and education reimbursement among other offerings.
- Employee Suggestion Program encourages all employees to submit creative and constructive ways to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Advisory Board, which has met on a continuous basis since 1914, consists of elected members from each department who meet with top management to bring forth issues or questions for discussion.
- Award and recognition programs, including our Chairman’s Awards for safety excellence and operational improvement, as well as business unit President Awards and citation awards for high performing employees who generate superior contributions to the business.
- Skills and Career Development programs to enable professional development and reinforce promotions from within the organization and a strong succession pipeline.
- Behavioral Based Safety groups, such as W.E.L.D. in the United States, are employee-led safety groups, supported by our Environmental, Health & Safety organization, focused on improving the company’s safety culture by identifying and addressing unsafe peer behaviors, reinforcing safe acts and instructing one-on-one safe work practices.
- Resource groups, such as our Diversity Councils, Young Professionals, Veterans, and Women in Lincoln Leadership (WILL), are employee-led groups organized around special interests. Resource group initiatives are supported by senior executives and the Chairman.
- Wellness Committee to promote healthy living and positive lifestyles for our employees and their families. Employee volunteers organize a variety of programs at our facilities that focus on athletic events, fundraisers, weight loss challenges, and onsite health and wellness resources and expos.
- Employee-led community engagement through volunteerism and our giving programs, including employee matching for donations and volunteer hours (U.S. program)
- Employee connectedness and engagement through an intranet and a global, multi-lingual internal news mobile app.
- “Work Appropriately” remote and flexible hybrid work approaches for select roles to help balance business objectives with employees’ personal needs.
We believe that these activities foster an environment that seeks to make Lincoln Electric a better place to work.