Lincoln Electric proudly operates under the guiding principle fostered over 120-years ago by our founders, The Golden Rule: Treating others as you would like to be treated.
Our guiding principle, our values, and our core strengths enable us to provide safe, innovative and efficient products that guarantee measurable value for our customers. They also foster a working environment that values diversity and inclusion, while maintaining a performance-based incentive management system that rewards employees for their achievements. Our values define how we operate - prioritizing, safety, efficiency, sustainability and an unyielding commitment to continuous improvement. We believe our approach improves the lives of our communities, our employees, our industry and has ultimately generated long-term success and value for all of our stakeholders throughout many economic cycles.
Our long-term ‘2020 Vision & Strategy’ focuses on generating value – through innovation, operational excellence, best-in-class financial performance and greater sustainability in our business. We are nearing the end of our ten-year strategy and are performing well across our financial targets and are exceeding our safety and environmental goals. We are continuing to advance our strategy through an evolving global economy using the policies, business practices and initiatives we have highlighted in our sustainability section:
- Our Code of Conduct and how we comply with our principles and local laws to guide the actions of our employees and suppliers;
- Policies and practices that respect the dignity of all workers as outlined in our Human Rights Policy;
- Equal employment opportunities and our pledge to treat employees fairly, with dignity, and without discrimination in any form;
- Health, safety and wellness of our employees, customers and communities;
- Improved environmental performance, including resource conservation and waste prevention to reduce our environmental impact;
- Training and development programs to attract and retain high performing employees and help them reach their full potential; and
- Making a positive impact in manufacturing and industry by promoting the art and science of welding among students and young professionals, as well as in our communities where we live and work through philanthropy and community engagement.
Sustainability and continuous improvement are a journey. I am proud of our commitment and progress in both areas, and how our values resonate so personally among employees. In a recent global employee survey, our organization overwhelmingly indicated that we truly live our values; with "integrity," "safety" and "teamwork" ranked as our key internal strengths. This gives us a tremendous foundation to continue to build upon as we partner to make a positive impact in our world.
OUR CORE STRENGTHS
I encourage you to learn more about our values, our culture and the initiatives that define our global organization and long-term success. Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Electric.
Chairman, CEO & President